Friday, January 11, 2013

January 2013 Newsletter

Hail and Hello! Well, the first month of Sit. Write. Bleed. has been a smashing success in my opinion, and what I have up next going into 2013 is going to be pretty exciting. This is the first newsletter for the blog, which just sums up everything that has happened in the last four postings, and I pepper in an announcement or two about where I am right now in terms of projects and any good news.

If you weren't able to read the first installment of Sit. Write. Bleed. and the introduction to the blog, go here.

A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to sit down with successful Romance author Becky Moore and discuss publishing, the Romance genre, and her career in a 35-minute recorded interview. It was a blast, and you haven't had the chance to check it out yet you can do so here.

Finally, I ended the month discussing a genre of fantasy that is nearest and dearest to my heart. If you want to read about my love for Sword and Sorcery, please go here.

So a little bit of news... Recently I became the Head Organizer of Charlotte Writers, the premiere writing and critique group in the Charlotte-area. It is a big responsibility, but things are going very well and the Assistant Organizers and myself are about to implement some changes which I hope will propel the group to great heights. We are primed to have a great 2013, so wish us luck!

Also, I am happy to say that the last month has been extremely productive for me as a writer. I turned in a submission to James Tuck's Sword and Sorcery-themed anthology Thunder on the Battlefield, and I am guessing I should hear something about that in February. I also finished the final proofreading for my story "The Chase", which was accepted for publication in the John Hartness' anthology The Big Bad: An Anthology of Evil, which should be out from Kerlak Publishing in mid-2013. My story was edited by Emily Leverett, who really helped shape it into a better yarn than it originally was. Working with a professional of her caliber was a really enriching experience, and when I figure out a way to run into her again I will hopefully be able to get an interview on the process of editing. I am also very happy to say that I finished the fifth draft of my novel Out of the Dark, and hopefully after a few more passes it will be ready to send out to agents.

So next week I will be posting an article on Writing and Motivation. Hopefully it will help writers out there who sometimes struggle to figure out how to sit down and just get it done. The week after I hope to be posting another interview with an author, and if it is who I think it will be, you are all in for a treat.

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment