Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Mask of the Kravyads

It is my pleasure to announce that my novella, Mask of the Kravyads, has been published by Silver Blade Fantasy Magazine. And my story served at the basis for the cover!


You can read the story here!

I am particularly proud of this story. When I set out to write Mask of the Kravyads, my goal was to pen a piece of Grimdark Heroic Fantasy that starred a female protagonist who was NOT a warrior, but powerful in her own right, set in a fantasy version of India with monsters straight out of Hindu myth. It is my hope that I was able to write a compelling hero that could stand alongside Jishnu and The Grinders Sellsword Company, but I will let you all be the judge of that.

I would like to thank my editor for this story, Les Weil, who was more than patient with me during a long editing period that taught me a lot. Working with editors is such an important part of getting better as a writer, and I can say without question that Les helped me a lot in that department. Of course, I need to thank Darin Kennedy, Matt Saunders, Caryn Sutorus, who critiqued the work, and of course, my fiance Margo.

And of course, thank you for continuing to come to this blog. My goal with this site has always been to help other writers find their way without making the same mistakes I did, and hopefully show you that if I can do it, so can you.

In closing, I want you all to stay safe, happy, and enjoy the story!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jay. And you are right about the importance of editors.

    ReplyDelete